> [Jack]
>
> Jack idly fiddles with his chin with his thumb and finger, his mind
> racing at a million to one. The girl gone, followed by the mother. Maybe
> she knew where she went and tried to get her back? "Did Ms. Wells
actually
> leave, or did she go to another room and not come back? I mean, did you
see
> her leave by the front door for instance, or was it more a case of 'here
one
> minute and gone the next? Have the police been searching the area?"
>
Marcy
"No Father, I didn't," Marcy admitted. "I didn't even know she was gone
until I went to find her later when the police came. Her car is still here,
but there's been no sign of either of them." The woman dabbed at her eyes
with the corner of a napkin. "I worry so about that child, she hasn't been
well, you see."