On Thu, 28 Jan 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> the down side of (fusing country and soul) means twangless groove rock
> with an acoustic guitar. In fact, the more I thought about it, the more
  it seems like the
> country-soul equation gone awry equals AAA in general.

        Ouch! But I must agree. AAA, or the worst of it anyway, takes
elements of soul, rock and country-folk and then blends it all into a sort
of bland porridge test marketed to dentists receptionists and hair salon
clerks, carefully removing any of the grittier or more alarming aspects of
the genres plundered. Remember, AAA radio consultants *will* be among the
first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

                                Che Kip