> ...k.d. lang who does have a superior voice
>  and who did put out a really good album "Absolute Torch & Twang" and who
saw
>  Nashville abandon her due to her non cover-girl looks and the rumors that
>  she was gay.  Lang gave up, left her brand of western swing/country  and
>  donned a "pop" hat  with "Constant Craving" and admitted that she was
gay.(snip)

   Well, you probably said a number of things that folks will be interested
in, Tera <g>, but I am curious about the above, mainly because I honestly
don't know or can't remember; did Nashville actually abandon Lang?  I mean,
was she dropped, was her budget slashed, did radio or the club promoters turn
against her?  I don't know, and would really like to know why she moved away
and into pop if it was for some reason other than just personal preference.

thanks,
Dan Bentele