On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> did Nashville actually abandon Lang?  I mean,
> was she dropped, was her budget slashed, did radio or the club promoters turn
> against her?  I don't know, and would really like to know why she moved away
> and into pop if it was for some reason other than just personal preference.

Sorry to chime in late here, but I recall an interview around the time of
"Ingenue" in which she simply claimed that "I lost my passion for
country."  The Patsy Cline fixation was over.  Maybe because of all of the
hullaballoo over eatings cows, but she sure brought that one on herself.

Will Miner
Denver, CO