Jon Weisberger wrote:

> New Hampshire Jon says:
>
> >      As I remember it, there had been some rumors about her sexuality
> > here and there before she came out, but I don't think that was what
> > caused Nashville to turn its back on her.  I really don't recall the fact
> > that she was a lesbian as being a huge surprise to anyone.  More than
> > anything else, it was her fight with western cattle ranchers that did in
> > her country career, which happened shortly before she came out.
>
> That accords with my recollection a.

Mine too. I lived in Topeka Kansas then and there were several outraged columns
in the newspaper and the local stations of course banned her.  Kansas of course
is the state when you enter you see a large billboard of a steak, with the
simple command "Eat Beef!"  This slogan is apparantly also required to be
displayed on all pick up trucks in the state.  I've seen lesbians at Kansas
rodeos, but never an "out" vegetarian.  Some things are just beyond the pale.

Stuart
steak sounds good for dinner