Will Miner wrote:

> Sorry to chime in late here, but I recall an interview around the time of
> "Ingenue" in which she simply claimed that "I lost my passion for
> country."  The Patsy Cline fixation was over.  Maybe because of all of the
> hullaballoo over eatings cows, but she sure brought that one on herself.

ya know, I think k.d. just ran into basically the same wall that a lot
of us have run into in one form or another over the years. She made it
deeper into alien territory than most, but so did yoakum and Ely and
several of them in those days and it just didn't pan out as well as we
all hoped. There was no way she was gonna make those kind of records
just to get into the charts.

--
Joe Gracey
President-For-Life, Jackalope Records