Jim,

You are recalling an album by the Split Enz entitled _True Colors_.
Contained one of their earliest hits, "I Got You".  The origianl US
release was laser etched.  That is, if you held it to the light it would
reflect light in a fashion similar to a CD.

The reissue of this LP came w/out the etching.  Every once in awhile you
can find this LP in a Used bin.  Depending upon the relative "sharpness"
of the proprietor, it will either be marked way up or  avaialble very
modestly.

Count me in as a big Split Enz fan.  Actually, I still like them.
Loved that Crowded House stuff.....hell, the Finn brothers can't do much
wrong in my opinion.

Best,
Jerry