Bill Silvers wrote:

> Hey Geff, I'm right about that Joe Jackson BIG WORLD album too. Can I get a
> witness?

You're right, Bill. I went to one of the concerts from which
they assembled that album. The music was terrific, but it
was a weird scene. The audience was asked not to clap or
make any noise whatsoever at the end of the songs, not
until the very last note had died out. Sort of live/not live. I
also remember there being a technical difficulty that took
some minutes to sort out, so Jackson told the audience to
ask him questions.  There were some takers, including
somebody shouting, "Where's Graham?" (Maby, JJ's first
bassist, not present)
Jackson icily replied, "We don't discuss that."
A few months later this three sided thing arrives . . . weird.

Tom Smith