If you own a Mac, I'd recommend getting a copy of Adaptec Toast (version 3.5.6 is the
most current).  If you own a PC,  Adaptec's Easy CD Creator does the job.  Either will
burn audio CDs; if you're doing multimedia development, you can make your own
presentations and have them automatically play when the CD is inserted into your PC.
http://www.adaptec.com can give you more information about their software.

I'm using a Sony doublespeed recorder from 1995 that has worked flawlessly ever since
we bought it.  I've done this more times than I'd care to admit.  If you own a
Macromedia product, chances are it came from this CD burner.

Further details available privately to those who really need to know.

np: Buena Vista Social Club