Joe:
> Asinine as it may be (and I hate it with great passion), that has been
> going on for many years now with touring acts. Screwing up would be
> nearly impossible now with backup systems in place. You'd be suprised
> and horrified to learn how many arena acts are doing this.

Are a majority of arena acts, say, doing this?  Just wondering.

Two observations:  first, I noticed a picture of Dale Watson grinnin' it
up with a fan in this  week's Country Music Weekly, which I looked at
whilst waiting in the checkout line at the grocery....  Didn't realize
Dale was on the radar of that august publication <g>.

Second, Joe, please let us know, when you can, who else will be playing at
that Saturday night Donald Lindley benefit at the Texas Union Ballroom.
You mentioned Jimmy Dale and Kimmie.  I do believe I'll be there.

Thanks,
--junior