How ironic that comments on Country Music Weekly should replace a
thread titled "Shania Spam" <g>....

Anyhow, Jon summarized the surprisingly catholic contents of this
perennial of the checkout lines and said:

> Like I said, a little less money or a little better writing and I'm there...

This is true!  I also remember the photo of Junior Brown with the
zinger:  "I don't like to call it "alt-country" cause that sounds
like you're *against* something.  I'd rather call it "free-range"
country."

When I don't read it in the checkout line, I read it at my parents',
since my retired academic of a father has a subscription.  Does this
mean it's better than academic journals?? <g>.

-joooonyah