Some guy named Neal wrote:

> << Anyway, I was strumming and playing a Dylan tune, a Neil Young tune, Gram
>  Parsons, Husker Du, Woodie Guthrie,  whatever. >>
>
> One of the things is not like the other. Ain't it cool that Husker Du can be
> lumped in with these others? That's what No Depression means to me. I think.

Exactly. The Husker stuff works quite well stripped down to the
basics. A friend of mine used to throw picking parties full of the
kinds of people who give folk a bad name -- lots of guys playing
bad versions of Blackbird and The Weight. I used to love playing
stuff like Don't Want To Know If You Are Lonely.

Dave, who once played some 80s indie rock classics on his living
room floor with some guy named Neal

***
Dave Purcell, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Northern Ky Roots Music: http://w3.one.net/~newport