Excerpts from internet.listserv.postcard2: 26-Mar-99 Re: What are the
kids liste.. by Will [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> The Huskers were once upon
> a time some pretty good songwriters, and that's why I'd bet you could
> play a Huskers song in the middle of songs by Dylan, Woody, Neil Young
> and so on and if you didnt know the song you'd never guess

Another plus for the Huskers is that Grant Hart's songs (like Don't Want
To Know If You Are Lonely) are both catchy and relatively simple to
play.  Oftentimes he'd use no more than four chords.

Dunno that the "if a song is a great song it should still work
on just a bare acoustic guitar" rule is a universal one, though I agree
with it much of the time.  Aside from LL Cool J's amazing acoustic
rendition of "Mama Said Knock You Out", there aren't a whole lot of
hiphop songs that would sound good on acoustic guitar.

Carl Z.