I'll repeat:  sonically, I've found the new Wilco album to be one of the
most interesting recordings of the year.  It is amzingly intricate and
just damned, interesting.  Now you all know by now how much I like pop
music and overproduction.  So, it would be a natural that I would take to
this record.  Added to that, I usually pay the most attention to sound
over lyrics. Thus, I like the record.

Having said that however, lyrically I still find Tweedy to be his own
worst enemy.  I find the lyrics trite, uninteresting and in some cases,
the violence denoted is downright repulsive.

I find _Summerteeth_ to be a mixed bag.  I appreciate the growth of the
band and think their departure from alt-country is perfectly appropriate.
It's a sonically stimulating record for me and it joins a collection
ofother discs that I enjopy for the very same reason.  Enjoyable, but I
can't say it's going to make my "best of" list.

Jerry
Jerry Curry - Spectre Booking
Independence, Oregon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the Top 40, half the songs are secret messages to the teen world to
drop out, turn on, and groove with the chemicals and light shows at
discotheques.  -- Art Linkletter