>So how's that new Wilco record?

I rilly, rilly don't like what I've heard, and as others have said, I don't
see how the record can be called a breakthrough, since it's not drastically
different from Being There (which wasn't as drastically different from A.M.
as writers and fans claimed at the time). I'm withholding full judgement
until I've heard the whole record more than once, but for now, I give it an
"it sucks." <g>

But this is just my peripherally-twang-oriented excuse for getting to:

>ps just saw "American History X" last night. Great film -- does anyone
>else think Edward Norton's the best young actor today?

Yes, in a word. And not merely because he's such a complete and utter babe.
I haven't seen American History X yet, but from what I hear, it's another
case of Ed's performance being vastly better than the movie. Primal Fear is
the first and most striking example of that: a mediocre thriller with a
more-than-usually smug and simpering performance by (ugh) Richard Gere, but
I nonetheless taped it and have watched it repeatedly because Norton's
performance is so breathtaking. I just wish he'd do some more good movies.

> You can answer this
>question in a p.s. attached to a twang-oriented post, just so we don't get
>busted. I've been doing this for years, and never got caught once.
Noted.
Noted.

--Amy