At 01:27 PM 4/9/99 -0700, you wrote:

>I have lurked around this lovely P2 land of make believe for long
>enough-now I must speak! I just picked up SummerTeeth and I am amazed
>the closed mindedness of many of the "critical reviewers" that make
>this place their cyber home.

While I am a regular participant, usually more on Friday afternoon than the
rest of the week, I find this group to be remarkably open minded.

All of you openminded people, take a bow...

>If musical maturation is worthy of disdain, well then I say lets all
>focus an evil eye on Wilco! So the man in front is tired of being
>pegged as an Alt. Country demi-god, can anyone with any soul really
>blame him?

Is your last name really Tweedy? Jeff, is this you using someone's e-mail
account?

Those of you who are still openminded, does anyone know if the very public
distancing from twang was something that happened organically or was it a
brilliant plan cooked up by the publicity folks at the label?

>SummerTeeth shows what years of playing and writing can do
>for a band with the raw talent that brought us A.M-they get better and
>they grow musically.  However, there will always be those who think
>that the universe should remain static, change bothers you folks.

You've been lurking how long? Weisberger liked the Earle album. How much
more can you ask for in a single year. My goodness Mr. man, you are asking
for the impossible! Where was I.... Oh yeah.. change.. static... were you
talking about my clothes dryer?  Oh, yeah...

> Well
>I say move over and make room for a new  generation of music coming our
>way and it is seasoned with the sound of  some bands that make Alt.
>Country fans feel like they are betraying their solid white trash
>roots.

Uhhh, suburbs of Los Angeles here pal. Never lived in a trailer. Why don't
you take your potty mouth elsewhere. Maybe you can find a folder on AOL
titled Wilco RULZ!

> A sprinkle of Pink Floyd , just enough to mellow out the strong
>flavor of Beatles, and finish it off with big dollop of eighties pop
>and  you have a sound that brings it all home for those of us too young
>to know that the music we loved in our youth apparently sucked!

::Yawn:: Oh, were you still ranting.. sorry, please continue...

>SummerTeeth is an omen of sorts, a sign that all is not lost-there are
>new and uncharted territories yet to be discovered and Jeff Tweedy and
>Wilco are just the guys to prove it.

Someone cue the Star Spangled Banner. That was damn near patriotic! I'm
tearing up.... I can't continue typing, I'm so moved. Let's give Jezzy a
hand because he changed my mind!

Feel free to participate, but DO NOT come in here and insult folks who have
been part of this community for years. You are out of line.

::whispering:: hey everyone, this is where Jezzy either apologizes for
being a putz or tells us all to fuck off. If it is the later, I can't wait
for the ill-sent unsub ::whispering off::

Jeff (Not tweedy) weiss