Hey, Terry, I guess you think you're pretty durn clever slipping some twang
content into a PS on a non-twang post.

> np Danny Gatton's "Redneck Jazz." (I've got a third generation dub of this
> record, so the sound's  not so hot, so I'm hoping I'll be excused for
> being confused over whether Gatton's guitar actually sort of sounds like a
> jazz organ, or whether he's got Jimmy Smith sitting in with him. I'm
> assuming it's the former, which wouldn't make me a complete blinking idiot
> for contemplating the latter.)

It's the former; Gatton had himself a special effects box that, among other
things, allowed him to get a Leslie (read: jazz organ) sound on his guitar.

Redneck Jazz is available on CD; it's on the NRG label.  Don't confuse it
with Redneck Jazz Explosion, also on NRG, which is a set of material
recorded at a show on New Year's Eve, 1978; personally, I like the latter
better, as it's got a hell of a lot of Buddy Emmons on it (the band was
Gatton, Emmons, Steve Wolf on bass and Scott Taylor on drums, no singing to
get in the way of the picking <g>).

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/