Wow.......I disliked Curt Cobain's music and I
disliked Nirvana as well.  _In Utero_ particulary grated on me.

However, I think I would agree that he's the artist
of the 1990's.  He was extremely influential and
basically defined alterna-rock and honed the
entire grunge sound.  Hell, on the backs of that
sound an entire radio format developed.

Yep, he was pretty big alright and even though I didn't
care for his music, I sure do respect him AND I feel
a great deal of empathy over his personal struggles.

It certainly would have been nice to have had him
around for another 30-40 yrs.  I would have been curious to
have seen which musical avenues he would have explored.  I for
one, found Nirvana's Unplugged set to be well....damn good.

Yes, Cobain was certainly overexposed and harbored great personal
issues but I don't think that diminishes his impact upon 90's music in any
way, shape, or form.

NP: Cruzados - self-titled

JC