At 10:28 PM 4/21/99 -0700, Jerry wrote:

>I found Nirvana to be way to raw and underproduced for my liking

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry. As someone who also appreciates big production, let
this fellow traveler just reassure you that Nevermind, despite the culty
punk expectations it carries, was...PRODUCED OUT THE ASS!!!! Anyone
interested in learning about all the production that went into that
record--overdubbed and layered guitar parts, composite vocal tracks,
double-tracked vocals, seperately recorded drum takes, etc etc etc--should
track down a copy of the May 1998 MOJO where band members and producer
Butch Vig take us through the album's recording and mixing, track by track.

You're right, btw, that Cobain's vocals were never pleasing. But they
weren't supposed to be. --david cantwell