Excerpts from internet.listserv.postcard2: 21-Apr-99 Re: Artist of the
Decade? by Jerry [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> However, I think I would agree that he's the artist
> of the 1990's.  He was extremely influential and
> basically defined alterna-rock and honed the
> entire grunge sound.  Hell, on the backs of that
> sound an entire radio format developed.

He also was very important to how music got marketed, and which artists
got signed and dropped by major labels.  Two other artists of great
influence come to mind:  Dr. Dre & Garth.

My personal AOTD is still Mark Eitzel.

Didn't we have this discussion 'round about the time those aging
hipsters at No Depression chose Alejandro Escovedo over Neil Young as
AOTD?

Carl Z.