> OK folks.  This turns out to be too easy!
>  "Don't Forget to Cry" was a May '64  single recorded for WB by those
> obscure  singers of Bryants' songs, the Everly Brothers. It's readily
> available on the 2-disc  Walk Right Back Warner Brothers Best of... Glad to
> be of assistance.
>
> Barry M.

Geez, you all didn't know that? That's common knowledge.

OK, I'm jerking your chains, but I was curious about that tune,
"Trademark," again on the Mandy Barnett record. Jon identified it with
some country artist, I can't recall who, but the co-writer is listed as
Porter Wagoner (sp?). Did Porter write it, and someone else make a hit out
of it? Also, I can't get over how, to me, two of the best tunes on the
record, "Who (Who Will It Be)" and "The Whispering Wind (Blows on By)" are
relatively new songs, apparently, but seem to come straight from the lush,
big-band pop past. Does anyone have a handle on the writers, Russell Brown
and Pat McLaughlin? Great songs, and the only defect is that tendency to
put bothersome parentheticals in the song titles. -- Terry Smith