On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Jon Weisberger wrote:

> > I've got to say, though, I like "Who (who will it
> > be)" the best. Is that an old tune?
>
> With a co-publisher named "Twenty Second Century Music," I doubt it <g>.
> The definite oldies are "I've Got A Right To Cry" (Hank Jr.), "Give
> Myself A Party" (Don Gibson), "Trademark" (Carl Smith), "Falling,
> Falling, Falling" (Ray Price).  I assume that the Newbury and Bryants
> tunes are not new, but I dunno who the original performers would be.

The Newbury tune was a minor hit for Gibson.  The original version's
pretty swell, but Mandy tops it.  "I'm Gonna Change Everything" is an old
Jim Reeves song.  "Who (Who Will It Be)" and "The Whispering Wind (Blows
On By)" are both new ones written by the same songwriters (L. Russell
Brown and Pat McLaughlin).  *Someone* here has to know who did the
Boudleaux and Felice song ("Don't Forget To Cry").  Margasak sez "With My
Eyes Wide Open I'm Dreaming" is an old pop tune, so we'll take his word
for it.  That leaves "Mistakes" (Edgar Leslie/Horatio Nicholls) and "Ever
True Evermore" (Kermit Goell/Theodore Rhodes).  If I was to stereotype
songwriter names, I'd suggest they were both written by old-school pop
songwriters.--don