> Jon is obviously confused. The main reason you aren't hearing
> Mandy Barnett on your local country radio station is because it
> is on a label that is not based in Nashville.

Like I said, this claim suggests that if the same album were released on a
label with a Nashville division, you'd likely be hearing it on your local
country radio station.  Even Jim knows that's ridiculous, so he sidesteps
the point.

It's not the label that's the main problem, it's the music - "too country"
for mainstream country radio (which, BTW, isn't based in Nashville any more
than Sire is), like a lot of other stuff that's on both major and indie
labels, based in and out of Nashville.  That's the way increasingly
homogenized, increasingly monopolistic radio works, and, from what I've read
in various articles posted here, not just with country music.

Jon Weisberger, Kenton County, KY  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger