Wietse Venema wrote:
Juha Pahkala:
Apr 24 15:42:30 server postfix/smtpd[8126]: name_mask: noanonymous
Apr 24 15:42:30 server postfix/smtpd[8126]: xsasl_dovecot_server_connect: Connecting Apr 24 15:42:40 server postfix/smtpd[8126]: xsasl_dovecot_server_connect: auth reply: status Apr 24 15:42:50 server postfix/smtpd[8126]: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms

Your DOVECOT configuration provides no authentication mechanisms
that are allowed by POSTFIX smtpd_sasl_security_options.

        Wietse

Thanks for your answer. I'm not quite sure I understand it though. This is how I understand the situation currently: Postfix has (by default) disabled anonymous auth mechanisms. But it does allow plaintext auth. My dovecot provides plain and login. So if I understand correctly, the dovecot plain should be fine?

I tried to add cram-md5 and digest-md5 to dovecot auth mechanisms, but it didn't change anyhing. I even tried to set "smtpd_sasl_security_options = " in postfix main.cf, ie. allowing anonymous auth. And according to postfix documentation... "Postfix treats anonymous login as no authentication." So no authentication should be going on, but still I get the error. But the setup does work if I disable sasl auth with "smtpd_sasl_auth_enable =no". I'm a bit confused here.

Am I making any sense here, surely hope not :)

juhis

believed to be clean.