Wietse Venema wrote:
Juha Pahkala:
Wietse Venema wrote:
Juha Pahkala:
Apr 24 15:42:30 server postfix/smtpd[8126]: name_mask: noanonymous
Apr 24 15:42:30 server postfix/smtpd[8126]: xsasl_dovecot_server_connect: Connecting Apr 24 15:42:40 server postfix/smtpd[8126]: xsasl_dovecot_server_connect: auth reply: status Apr 24 15:42:50 server postfix/smtpd[8126]: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms
Your DOVECOT configuration provides no authentication mechanisms
that are allowed by POSTFIX smtpd_sasl_security_options.

        Wietse

Thanks for your answer. I'm not quite sure I understand it though. This is how I understand the situation currently: Postfix has (by default) disabled anonymous auth mechanisms. But it does allow plaintext auth. My dovecot provides plain and login. So if I understand correctly, the dovecot plain should be fine?

Postfix receives no methods from the Dovecot authentication server
that satisfy the smtpd_sasl_security_options requirement. If you
don't believe this, then you can try to trace the conversation
between Postfix and the Dovecot authentication server.

        Wietser

Hi Wietser,

Don't get me wrong, I do believe you if you say so, but I just don't understand why. Given my dovecot config, which I believe is a quite standard way of configuring dovecot , I have no idea why it doesn't work. I've seen similar config files when searching the web, and they seem to work. Do you have any suggestions as to what could be wrong with my dovecot config?

Thanks in advance,

juhis

believed to be clean.