Clunk Werclick wrote:
On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 10:39 -0500, Noel Jones wrote:
Clunk Werclick wrote:
Hello.

Postfix is new to me and I have spent many hours of reading and testing.
I do not have much experience to look at things and say they are normal or not.
Please may I ask someone to reassure me this is doing the thing that is right.
It seems lots of lookups per message and I'm not sure that mysql will not crash like this
Yes, normal.  Please see
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#parent_domain_matches_subdomains
:: parent_domain_matches_subdomains =
debug_peer_list,fast_flush_domains,mynetworks,permit_mx_backup_networks,qmqpd_authorized_clients,smtpd_access_maps

Not making sense to me.... ?

When the table type is listed in parent_domain_matches_subdomains, postfix looks up each subdomain to see if it's listed. See the documented "Search Order" in the man page for the specific feature; access, transport, etc.

So for example u...@some.foo.example.com would trigger the following with a check_sender_access table:
u...@some.foo.example.com
some.foo.example.com
foo.example.com