On 7/30/2009, Martijn de Munnik (mart...@youngguns.nl) wrote:
> Mmmm, I'm using transport maps to forward mail to the final mail
> server. So the verify should contact the remote server and I think
> that is almost as expensive as a RBL check.

I don't think so, but am not certain... hopefully someone who knows for
sure will chime in...

> Also I want to use the address_verify_map cache and want it to be as
> small as possible.

You could set address_verify_negative_cache = no, to limit it to only
caching positive hits.

Oh... also, you want to be sure that the admins managing the domains you
are doing this for are ok with it... which they certainly should be, if
you are acting as their relay... blindly performing sender or recipient
validation on all mail will get you blacklisted eventually...

--

Best regards,

Charles