Richard Rasker:
> So here is a striking difference between the old and the new machine
> that I don't understand. Is there a way to figure out which process is
> actually dumping the mail in /var/spool/mail? Because if it is still
> maildrop, it isn't logging anything as it should.

Postfix logs all deliveries. Here is an example that you posted earlier:

    Dec 28 21:54:08 mail postfix/local[2755]: 26F111E0377:
    to=<r...@linetec.nl>, relay=local, delay=0.01, delays=0/0.01/0/0.01,
    dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/maildrop)

Look for "status=sent" lines in your log. That will show whether
/usr/bin/maildrop is involved.