tass [EMAIL PROTECTED] on Friday, November 21, 2003 stated:

>Columns of text is over - now that we can actually type and format in
>PROPER letter fashion.
>78 characters may have been all that could fit on a 9" monochrome
>screen.  But it's time to leave the mule and cart behind.
>
>:-)
>
>Have fun,
>ht

I don't think you're going to get a lot of argument from folks that 78
characters isn't a whole lot. However, that RFC is the MOST current
internet specification and the one that should be used. Feel free to
offer your services to the RFC folks if you want to help make a change. I
also challenge you without using MIME to send a message longer than 78
characters and have EVERYBODY receive it using YOUR presets (they won't).
That's simply because you don't control this, the relays have some say in
how long lines can be.

Wayne

--
No people is wholly civilized where a distinction is drawn between
stealing an office and stealing a purse.

Live DAT & Music Page: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/
Wayne's Music Calendar: http://ical.mac.com/wayneb/Music
PowerMail AppleScript Archives: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/powermail.html

Music Currently playing: Third World "Cold Sweat (Live)" : Prisoner in
the Street