On 21 11 2003 at 11:27 am -0500, tass wrote:

>Again, no M$ lover, I.  But "a quick thought overnight"?????
>We're talking TWENTY ONE YEARS and (technologically) lifetimes ago!!!!!!
>
>I'm not pontificating the obvious here.  I'm only noting that "the rest of
>the internet" has already made the necessary moves to keep up with the
>best of what all this tech can offer the user.
>Do we hang on to ancient rules just because they once worked?
>I certainly hope not.

No, but without standardization, one cannot have any reasonable
expectation of confidence that two systems will inter-operate correctly.

I'm not disagreeing with you in principle.  All I'm saying is that in the
real world, emphatic desire for sudden change is naïve.  Anyway, this is
off-topic.

-ben

--
Ben Kennedy, chief magician