                Primetime on MSNBC

THE WEEKEND NEWSLETTER
MSNBC...The power of NBC NEWS on CABLE 24/7.
Saturday February 22, 2003- Sunday February 23, 2003

        SATURDAY night is "FAMOUS MURDER MYSTERIES" night on MSNBC.  Beginning at 8p
eastern, get the inside story of some of the most infamous murder mysteries, including
a look at the brutal murder of Bob Crane, star of TV's "Hogan's Heroes."
        And SUNDAY, it's that time of year again... time for The Grammy Awards, and
starting at noon eastern, we'll take you inside the lives and careers of three past
Grammy Award winners, including Madonna, Janet Jackson and Will Smith.
Then at 8p eastern, we're airing NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: MAN's BEST FRIEND,
featuring a premiere of "HUNTING HOUNDS of ARABIA" where EXPLORER joins
husband-and-wife filmmaking team Dereck and Beverly Joubert as they examine the
complex relationship between the Bedouin and their loyal canine companions.

        Enjoy the weekend.  Here is a look at the full documentary schedule for
Saturday and Sunday on MSNBC.

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22
6AM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: JANET JACKSON
She's the pop princess of an American musical dynasty. We watched Janet Jackson grow
from an adorable baby sister into a beauty with washboard abs. From the outside
looking in, it could seem like a charmed life, but Janet Jackson has had her share of
personal struggles.

7AM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: MADONNA
She is one of the most successful - and shocking - female entertainers of our time.
But behind her public image is a very complex woman and a very interesting past. See
how the girl who once said she wanted to "rule the world" became Madonna.

1PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: ROBERT CHAMBERS
His crime became known as the Preppie Murder and his controversial trial became one of
the most watched in New York City history. Robert Chambers' affair with Jennifer Levin
took her life and triggered a tabloid sensation with beautiful people, lurid headlines
and a "rough sex" defense that became the talk of the country.

2PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: AMY FISHER
She is the infamous Long Island Lolita. Amy Fisher was a teenage girl so obsessed with
her married lover, she tried to kill his wife. Headliners & Legends looks into one of
the most sensational stories of the 1990's with an ending no one could have predicted.

6PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: BAGHDAD ON THE BRINK
Veteran war correspondent Peter Arnett travels to Baghdad to investigate how the
threat of war with the United States is affecting life in Iraq's capital city.
Boyd Matson hosts.

8PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: MURDER OF A TV STAR
He was "the" hero of Hogan's Heroes.  Bob Crane was an actor America loved, but a man
who lived a secret and lurid life... in a world of sex and pornography.  His life came
to a violent end with his brutal murder.  Who wanted one of America's biggest stars
killed?  And why?  And why did his best friend and the prime suspect go free?  This is
the unsolved mystery of Bob Crane's murder-- one of Hollywood's biggest mysteries.
Hosted by John Seigenthaler.

9PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: A HOLLYWOOD MURDER MYSTERY
>From the moment police were called to the scene through the 11-month investigation
>that has apparently led them to Robert Blake, we go inside the Bonny Lee Bakley
>murder mystery.  We'll look at the troubled past of both Blake and his wife and talk
>with the people who know him best and have followed this case the closest.
John Seigenthaler hosts.

10PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: THE MYSTERY OF THE BOSTON STRANGLER
This case is synonymous with "murder mystery."  An unprecedented murder spree
terrorized Boston four decades ago.  It ended with one man's confession... or did it?
Now, there are new developments and new questions about whether the real killer is
still out there.

11PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: MURDER OF A TV STAR

12AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: A HOLLYWOOD MURDER MYSTERY

1AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: THE MYSTERY OF THE BOSTON STRANGLER

2AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: MURDER OF A TV STAR

3AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: A HOLLYWOOD MURDER MYSTERY

4AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: THE MYSTERY OF THE BOSTON STRANGLER

5AM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: BAGHDAD ON THE BRINK (2HRS.)

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 23
12PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: MADONNA

1PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: JANET JACKSON

2PM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: WILL SMITH
Before he finished high school, he helped make Rap music mainstream. Now he's one of
the hottest names in Hollywood. Will Smith has done it all. Along the way he wound up
millions of dollars in debt, but bounced back like a true prince.

6-8PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: SNAKE ENCOUNTERS
Three ssssegments on snakes in this installment of EXPLORER.  First, we get wrapped up
in the work of the Adelaide Snake Catchers... a brave group in Adelaide, Asutralia who
venture anywhere, even people's homes, to capture deadly snakes who've taken a wrong
turn.  Then it's off to Africa where we track a dozen of the deadliest snakes on the
continent to award the title of "Africa's most lethal serpent."  And last, we head to
India, where the cobra, an ancient symbol of fertility, is both dreaded and exalted.
Boyd Matson hosts.

8-10PM ET
***PREMIERE***
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: MAN'S BEST FRIEND
As you may have guessed this episode has gone to the dogs.  We begin with a segment
called "Top Dogs" where Explorer follows the engaging stories of some very different
dogs and their handlers as competition heats up in the canine world's ultimate contest
- the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.  Then, we premiere "Hunting Hounds of Arabia"
where descendants of the nomadic Bedouin maintain the time-honored tradition of
hunting with salukis, an ancient breed of lithe, lightning-fast hounds.  And in the
last of three segments we team up with "Rescue Dogs."  Clever canines search the
wreckage of the bombed federal building in Oklahoma City for missing people using an
extraordinary combination of scent ... and sensibility.
Boyd Matson hosts.

10PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: MEAN DOGS: BORN OR BRED?
In this program you get the chance to really get a ring-side view of the vicious and
disgusting exhibition of dog-fighting.  No surprise it's a million dollar business...
both the breeding and the betting.  Though it's outlawed in every state, the
underground world still thrives. The result is more and more of the rest of us are
becoming victims of attacks.  Again, a warning that this program contains brutal video
and is not appropriate for children.
Hosted by John Seigenthaler.

11PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: MAN'S BEST FRIEND

1AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: MEAN DOGS: BORN OR BRED?

2AM ET
WEEKEND MAGAZINE:SECRET BABY HOUR
What would you do if someone you love had committed a crime, and gotten away with it?
Would you turn them in? What if the crime was so horrible it stunned an entire town?
That's what happened tonight in the story you're about to see.. A tragic crime and a
ugly secret that forces a father to make the most difficult decision of his life.

3AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: TRUE BELIEVERS
The true believers believe we have invisible company, and the search for these
sometimes unfriendly ghosts goes on. During this hour, we'll look for evidence that
these ghosts are truly there.

4AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: BACK FROM THE DEAD
A look into the mysteries of near-death experiences, people who miraculously recover,
and those who awaken from long-term comas

5AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: I HEAR DEAD PEOPLE
Do you believe in an afterlife?  And that souls there can communicate with us?  We
meet several people, mediums, who say they can link us to the afterworld.  A look at
why the psychic business is booming and the people who believe in them and those who
debunk them.

*Schedule subject to change.

For more info, go to http://www.msnbc.com/news/MSNBCCABLE_Front.asp

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received this MSNBC Primetime
Announcements
newsletter because you subscribed to it or, someone forwarded it to you.

http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=22