        Weekend Programming on MSNBC
MSNBC's WEEKEND PROGRAMMING NEWSLETTER
Saturday, June 14, 2003- Sunday, June 15, 2003

This weekend...
        Saturday at 8p eastern, tune in for POACHER PATROL as National Geographic
Ultimate Explorer correspondent Nick Baker reveals the new militancy emerging in one
of Southeast Asia's conservation movements while accompanying a group of "eco
warriors" on an armed hunt for poachers in Cambodia's Bokor National Forest. At 9p
eastern, see how grand-scale catastrophes caused by tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, and
earthquakes prove the futility of man's efforts to control nature in NATIONAL
GEOGRAPHIC ULTIMATE EXPLORER: OKLAHOMA TWISTER/DISASTER. Then beginning at 10p
eastern...MSNBC Investigates takes a look at two cases of people accused of murdering
their spouses.  'Hollywood Murder Mystery' on Robert Blake, and 'A Deadly Affair,' on
Pam Smart. For more info, click here:
<http://www.msnbc.com/news/MSNBCINVESTIGATES_Front.asp>.
         Sunday at 8p eastern, tune in for the premiere of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
EXPLORER: MOTHER'S BEHIND BARS. Join Lisa Ling for this emotional story of heartbreak
and hope, as Ultimate Explorer takes on the controversial issue of mothers - and
children - behind bars.  For more info, go to http://www.msnbc.com/news/910541.asp.

Please check below for the complete weekend schedule.

SATURDAY, JUNE 14
5AM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS: TIMOTHY McVEIGH (http://headliners.msnbc.com)
June 11th marked the 2 year anniversary of Timothy McVeigh's execution.  In this hour
MSNBC brings you the life of Timothy McVeigh.

6AM ET-3PM ET
MSNBC LIVE

3PM ET
ECONOMY WATCH

4PM ET
MSNBC LIVE

5PM ET
SAVAGE NATION (LIVE) (www.savagenation.msnbc.com)
After years undercover, exposing international terrorists
An author who risked it all - comes out of the shadows.
The exclusive interview on Savage Nation with Michael Savage.

6PM-8PM ET
MSNBC LIVE

8PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC ULTIMATE EXPLORER: POACHER PATROL
(http://natgeoexplorer.msnbc.com)
What motivates someone to brave landmines and AK-47-toting poachers to save endangered
species? To find out, correspondent Nick Baker ventures into Cambodia's Bokor National
Forest, once one of the last refuges of the Khmer Rouge, on his first in-country
expedition for National Geographic Ultimate Explorer.

9PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC ULTIMATE EXPLORER: OKLAHOMA TWISTER/DISASTER
Grand-scale catastrophes caused by tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes
prove the futility of man's efforts to control nature, but we may learn to predict
such events and prepare ourselves for their inevitable onslaught.

10PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: A HOLLYWOOD MURDER MYSTERY (http://investigates.msnbc.com)
>From the moment police were called to the scene through the 11-month investigation
>that has apparently led them to Robert Blake, we go inside the Bonny Lee Bakley
>murder mystery.  We'll look at the troubled past of both Blake and his wife and talk
>with the people who know him best and have followed this case the closest. John
>Seigenthaler hosts.

11PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: PAMELA SMART-A DEADLY AFFAIR
A decade ago Gregory Smart was found, dead in his home, on the eve of his first
wedding anniversary.  Details then emerged about his wife's teenaged lover and a plan
to kill her husband.  We talk with Pamela Smart at the maximum security prison where
she is serving a life sentence for the much-publicized murder of her husband.

12AM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS:  ROBERT CHAMBERS
His crime became known as the "Preppie Murder" and his controversial trial became one
of the most watched in New York City history. Robert Chambers' affair with Jennifer
Levin took her life and triggered a tabloid sensation with beautiful people, lurid
headlines and a "rough sex" defense that became the talk of the country.

1AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: A HOLLYWOOD MURDER MYSTERY

2AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: PAMELA SMART-A DEADLY AFFAIR

3AM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS:  ROBERT CHAMBERS

4AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: A HOLLYWOOD MURDER MYSTERY

SUNDAY, JUNE 15
5AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES: PAMELA SMART-A DEADLY AFFAIR

6AM ET
HEADLINERS & LEGENDS:  ROBERT CHAMBERS

7AM ET
ECONOMY WATCH

8AM-6PM ET
MSNBC LIVE

6PM-7PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: WOLVES OF THE SEA (PREMIERE)
As decisively as wolves stalk the land, killer whales roam the seas. Highly
intelligent animals with strong family ties, ingenious hunting methods and
sophisticated communication skills, killer whales -- known as orcas - are one of the
oceans' top predators.

7PM-8PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORER: TOOTHED TITANS
At first glance, the frozen Arctic seems to be a place of desolation. But here amidst
the ice floes, mammoth creatures live an active existence, battling with the elements
and against predators for survival. Weighing in at close to a ton, walruses paint a
familiar picture with their characteristic tusks and moustaches. Amazingly, much about
these animals remains a mystery.  EXPLORER joins scientists to reveal the secrets of
these toothed titans.

8PM-9PM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC ULTIMATE EXPLORER: MOTHERS BEHIND BARS(PREMIERE)
National Geographic Ultimate Explorer host Lisa Ling examines the impact the U.S.
prison system imposes on children whose mothers are behind bars, as she searches at
home and abroad for solutions to this growing problem.

9PM-10PMET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC ULTIMATE EXPLORER: BIG CAT CRISIS
EXPLORER examines both sides in this powerful and emotionally-charged debate over
private ownership of big cats, asking who, if anyone, should possess this piece of the
wild.

10PM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES:  ANIMAL SMUGGLERS
While so many businesses are finding it tough to survive these days, the ILLEGAL trade
of rare animals continues to thrive. These exotic and sometimes endangered animals are
stolen from their local habitats around the globe, and smuggled to Great Britain, US,
and Canada. In this program, we follow the trail of one of the biggest animal traders
in the world who has recently been caught.

11PM-12AM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC ULTIMATE EXPLORER: MOTHERS BEHIND BARS

12AM-1AM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC ULTIMATE EXPLORER: AMERICA'S BIG CAT CRISIS

1AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES:  ANIMAL SMUGGLERS

2AM-3AM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC ULTIMATE EXPLORER: MOTHERS BEHIND BARS

3AM-4AM ET
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC ULTIMATE EXPLORER: AMERICA'S BIG CAT CRISIS

4AM ET
MSNBC INVESTIGATES:  ANIMAL SMUGGLERS

*Schedule subject to change.

For more info, go to http://www.msnbc.com/news/MSNBCCABLE_Front.asp

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received this MSNBC Primetime
Announcements
newsletter because you subscribed to it or, someone forwarded it to you.

http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=22
<http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=22>