Paul McNett wrote:
> I'm not comfortable with it either. If they decide to put their stuff on
> a public server, that's one thing. But I will recommend against it
> almost every time.
>
> It isn't that I'm paranoid that Google will turn evil (I am, though). It
> is that by storing valuable data offsite like that, especially on such a
> high-profile place, the risk of data theft or hacking where I am not in
> control is too great. Google employs a lot of highly intelligent people.
> Highly intelligent people have a way of pulling of highly intricate
> crimes, and it just takes one bad apple.
>
> Paul

I'll be the FIRST to admit I'm paranoid.... Remember way back when we
were all learning the rules of the net - "Thou shalt not put anything
anywhere on the net that you wouldn't want seen on a public bulletin
board driving down the freeway". I still feel the same way (tho I slip
up from time to time)...

I only use GMail for my personal stuff. My gripe w/ GMail is they
archive/scan the content of your emails so they can tailor advertising
to you. Hey - it's a free service so I expect them to get something out
of my using it, but that doesn't mean I like it. But then again, if the
world wants to know I like to dress up as a Leprechaun and sing the aria
from Madam Butterfly, I guess they're welcome to that info....

--
Matthew S. Jarvis
IT Manager, MCP