Geoff Flight wrote:
> [...]
If it was over in 3 days then there is no question about it, it must
have been something "un-natural". But from there to "God", let alone ONE
god and not MANY
gods, there is a long way. Maybe there ARE aliens who love us and cured
her through a superior science. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy, but it is
as possible as the existence of god, and I don't know why we should rule
in favour of one or the other.

>>> But standing where I am, seeing what I have seen and having experienced
>>>

>> first-hand the miraculous power of God,
>> The power that stems out of your choice to see prayer associated with cure.
>>
>> Your asinine argument fails to offer any alternative explanation for
>> multiple miracles occurring after prayer.
>>

> Googled asinine : devoid of intelligence, stupid. Please, could we keep
> the level of this exchange of views? Let's keep insult and demeanor at home.
>
> Hmm, perhaps the 'stupid' aspect of the word was tough but I will stil go
> with 'devoid of logic'
>
> That settled, a possible cause would be her subconscious mind, moved by
> her firm faith that she would be cured, told her body to heal.
>
> She was THREE DAYS OLD. So perhaps not.

Certainly not.

> Of course
> unless you tell me that one day her condition was spina biffida and the
> next day she was normal. Then you might have me convinced that a
> supernatural thing (not necessarily god, we are still far, far away from
> there) occurred. But if a certain period of time passed between both
> conditions, then maybe the spine healed itself, rare as it may be.
>
> The miraculous nature was that she was born with a significant hole and
> occulta but at age 3 days the hole had closed over and encased the spine
> properly.

And this....god.... caused her to be born this way, and to endure it for
three days. And does much worser things to other babies. Oh! But then we
say he acts in misterious ways and everything is all right. Puaffff!

> Notice that I'm using "maybe", "might", "possible". That is because all
> this is speculation, and unless we can consistently repeat the cure
> there is no way to tell for certain. What I object in your position is
> the certainty, you made up your mind and that's it, there is no
> questioning the issue.
>
> One of the problems with miracles is that by definition they are NOT
> repeatable. And my certainty is based on the uttlerly miraculous nature of
> the event. Even if it were a natural event there would be no way for a spinal
> hole to close over in a mere 3 days. Every physical aspect of this defies the
> laws of medicin and the laws of expectation.

If the miracle cannot be repeatable, then how can you be so sure it was
because of prayers. After all there are thousands  who pray  even harder
and with more  or the same amount of faith , and their children are not
healed. Is it that  god likes Aussies?

>> Yup! I would have damned the son of a bitch for making her be born in
>> such a state. Because of course you can understand that if he gets the
>> merit of curing her, he also gets the blame of getting her into that
>> predicament.
>>
>> That kind of an answer just may explain why you don’t get to see miracles.
>>

> Yes, god has such a mean egotistical spirit that he'd rather see my
> daughter live with a bad spine just because I don't praise him. After
> all, he NEEDS my prayers, or else he would not be so mean to my daughter.
> Is that what you meant with your words? No? Then please elaborate.
>
> I'm not going to pretend to understand God's reasoning in most matters. That
> would be presumptive. And yes, it is a cheap answer, but any other would just
> be me trying to explain something I don’t understand and no-one else does
> either.
>
> As a matterof interest I know of people who have been miraculously healed who
> weren’t even Christians.

So maybe god has nothing  to do with the matter?

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---