On Nov 24, 2014 11:33 AM, "Erik Dalén" <erik.gustav.da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Will there be a version of this AIO package for 3.7.4 (or even 3.7.3) so
we can try out the packaging without trying out all the stuff in puppet 4.0
at the same time?

+1

> On Sat Nov 22 2014 at 11:46:16 AM Martin Alfke <tux...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 21 Nov 2014, at 21:46, Eric Sorenson <eric.soren...@puppetlabs.com>
wrote:

>> > 0 - Which platforms will get FOSS AIO packages?
>> >
>> > RHEL/Centos 5, 6, 7
>> > Fedora 20, 21
>> > Ubuntu 10.04, 12.04, 14.04
>> > Debian Squeeze, Wheezy
>> > Windows x86, x64
>>
>> OpenSuSE?
>> Debian Jessie?
>>

>> > 1 - How do I manage gems with AIO ruby?
>> >
>> > Use the AIO included gem binary. ('/opt/puppet/agent/bin/gem install
somerandomgem') To make this easier, we can either fix PUP-3688 or add a
module with a minimal 'puppet_gem' provider using the AIO path.

>> That would be very ugly (e.g. for installing hiera add ons).
>> Why can we not adopt the behaviour of pe_gem provider?
>>

>> > 3 - Will it include puppetdb-terminus?
>> >
>> > Yes.
>> Can we choose from multiple versions?
>> e.g. we have new puppet and older puppet (migration process) running in
parallel and we want both masters to make use of the same puppetdb.

>> > 4 - What will the release cadence look like? What if I want to manage
component upgrades on a different cadence than upstream, e.g. just facter,
or just hiera?

>> > For power users who want more control than that, we’ll have
documentation on how to roll your own. The tooling to create AIO will
itself be open-sourced so you could build a package that picks the versions
you want to include.

>> +1
>>

>> --
an email to puppet-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.