On Thursday, December 11, 2014 3:34:17 PM UTC-6, John Bollinger wrote:

> If I cannot install Puppet into a Ruby installation of my choice (of
> sufficiently recent version) and have it work correctly, or if its
> installation alters the behavior of other software relying on that Ruby,
> then I do not foresee updating until I or someone else can fix those
> problems.  I am unlikely to be able to devote any effort to such an
> endeavor any time soon, so my adoption of the new version would be
> forestalled indefinitely.

Similarly, as long as Puppet is unable to share general-purpose third-party
components, such as Ruby modules or a Java runtime, with other subsystems,
I do not anticipate updating.

Although I am disappointed that PL intends to offer only AIO packages, that
decision will be only an inconvenience for me as long as the software does
not inherently *depend* on AIO structure and layout.  You may make
suggestions, but you may not make system configuration decisions for me.

John