I don't see these negatives at all. I think having puppet decoupled is a
good thing - for reliability, management and freeing us from "ruby hell".
 I can't see an AIO package altering the native behavior of the OS or
system rubbies either..

Since it is OSS as well, is there a reason you wouldn't be able to pull
down the git repo and update ruby according to your own needs? my
assumption is that its a LOT easier to upgrade puppet ruby if it is indeed
decoupled from system ruby or ruby used by apps on the platform your trying
to manage.

-byron