One could ague puppetlabs is better off sharing the package specs for
included rubies so people can keep them current themselves, security
updates directly from ruby vs having to wait for downstream backports and
vendor repos sounds better to me long term. Not only can puppetlabs push
updates quicker but the community can embrace them in the puppetworld
without having to wait for impact analysis to their "Shared" dependencies.

-byron