On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 at 08:29, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer
<arj.pyt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's why the references exist, so that you look the details up. But knowing
> at a glance the status of a PEP immediately changes the perception of the
> text at hand

You are very optimistic that people will remember to make this
distinction. Personally, I suspect I'll consistently forget and just
use "PEP" anyway...

>> I know that PEPs have different status as enumerated here

I'm surprised you don't feel that "Rejected" status is worth capturing
as well. And what about Provisional?

Honestly, if it's not clear from context whether someone is talking
about an existing language feature (i.e., an accepted PEP) or an open
proposal (or, for that matter, a proposal that got abandoned, or a
rejected idea, etc) then they probably aren't explaining themselves
very clearly anyway. Maybe just ask them to clarify if you don't want
to check for yourself?

Paul