I think the problem is that travel and expense make a two or even a single day event expensive for the return.

How would you like the idea of holding the agm and workshop in Kirkcaldy?

I gave up Quanta because it did not seem to be a source of information I wanted, and the AGM did not seem to be value for money personally.

We live in the digital age and we are digital people. Cannot we use computers to solve the problem?

After all should be possible to conduct an agm by email!!!!!

All it requires is a flexible approach and careful rules so it is seem to be fair. OH and a change in the constitution to allow it.

Quanta has gone a little way by distributing the magazine by email.

Dilwyn's Site is a tremendous source information if you are QL savy. What about utube presentations on getting started with a retro QL, a raspberry pi and uqlx?

Even better a version of linux, which started up in Sbasic and or Qptr environment like QPC2demo. Even better the sdd could provide the same sort of programs and tools as Debian Weezy sdd does.

We could even try to persuade Pi world that it was included with the noobs version. With the raspberry pi we would get the sort exposure that the bbc computer gets now.

If Quanta took all of this on, used one of the websites with an attractive interface, paid for the cost of of the server etc. it could be a powerful influence again.

It is going to have embrace the philosophy of free software and give up any notion on financial income or interlectual property.

So are you going to think out of the box and rise to the challenge bring a whole new group into the QL world?