----- Original Message -----
From: "Tarquin Mills" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 11:03 PM
Subject: RE: [ql-users] Software pirates in our midst?

> In 2000 I went to the London workshop, I saw the Q40 and liked it.
> In 2001 I went to the Byfleet workshop, tried to purchase a Q40 but
QBranch
> and the Grafs had split, so could not.
> In 2002 I will go to the London workshop, I was going to buy a Q60
but now I
> find out that they seem to be illegal. Do not say,"use QDOS
Classic", my
> message is simple and stark, sort it out! Why do non Wintel
platforms
> keep shooting themselves in the foot?
>
> P.S. I am bringing 4 new keyboard membranes for sale.
>
> --
>                        Tarquin Mills
>
> ACCUS (Anglia Classic Computer Users Society)
> http://www.planet14.sonow4u.co.uk/comp/accus/

No they are not illegal, the O/S is the same as it always was. Before
D&D started production a fault was repaired that had been there for
some time, very minor but it stopped the O/S performing as it should.
This is documented in QL Today and elsewhere, quite old and well
accepted, nothing to do with anything else, it was Q40 specific. Why
do you belive what has been written before? If nothing has changed why
is the O/S wrong today? You have been lead up a false trail with no
evidence, unfortunately you believed it.

See you at the show,

Dennis - D&D Systems