On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Mark Delany wrote:
> At 02:26 AM 2/17/99 -0500, Brian Reichert wrote:
> >I seem to recall the inode numbers biting people who were copying
> >filesystems (backups, changing disks).  If your assertions are
> >correct, wouln't it make some sense to come up with some other
> >cheap unique filename?
[...]
> An alternative to your suggestion is to alert people to this dependency and
> write a few tools/scripts to assist on those rare occassions that people need
> to migrate or restore.

I've run into this problem in the past. One visit to the qmail home page,
search on "queue", and I found queue-fix. It does exactly what Mark is
describing above (in addition it saves the mail admin's butt). One more
reason I'm thoroughly happy with qmail...

/pg
--
Peter Green
Gospel Communications Network, SysAdmin