On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 09:24:04AM -0500, Dave Sill wrote:
> Henning Brauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Just enter
> >
> >PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
> >svscan /service &
> >
> >in your /etc/rc.local
>
> Since we're talking about LWQ, that would have to be "svscan
> /var/qmail/supervise &". But putting:
>
>   /usr/local/sbin/qmail start
>
> in rc.local is the correct approach.

Sorry Dave, but having such a beast like the sysv-init-script for qmail on
OpenBSD is definetly not the correct approach. Thats against any BSD
concept, especially the OpenBSD concept. Just (soft-)link you stuff from
/var/qmail/supervise to /service and use the lines as I typed them.

For my taste lwq is a bit too linux-specific. Don't tell people to use
sysv-sytle init scripts on non-sysv-init-systems. Thats confusing.

> -Dave

Greetings

Henning

--