Russell Nelson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
>Then don't ask a public mailing list for help.  Instead, go to one of
>the suppliers of commercial support.  How to know which is reliable?
>Watch this mailing list, and see who's been around longest (has the
>most established reputation to protect), and who supplies the most
>clueful answers.

Well put.  Very much in the spirit of user supported software...

Russ, I'm not saying they shouldn't give us the information needed
to help them.  I'm just of the opinion we shouldn't jump down every
newbie's throat just because they are a little over cautious.

Put yourself in their shoes.  Imagine walking up to an Automated Teller
Machine and seeing a guy, presumably a maintenance worker, adjusting
the electronics.  He says, "The card reader and pad aren't working.
Just give me your card and PIN number and I'll swipe it back here."

Would YOU hand over your card?

All he wants to do it help you, right?

Think about it...