What a coincidence that you wrote interrogative so close to the day which I
commemorate every year. I was injured on April 5 and my goal during my
first few months was to get off the ventilator as quickly as possible,
because they told me initially it wasn't a probability.

I had my mind set on August 4, my birthday, but that didn't come about;
however, I did manage to make it off on August 6. Today, August 6, is my
17th year of being able to breathe without the aid of the ventilator. That
in itself is a miracle. I really don't celebrate the actual day of my
accident, because I like to celebrate positive things. I do, nonetheless,
marvel at how many people on this list are able to take a negative thing
and spin it into a positive occurrence in their life. He gives me hope and
inspiration to not only continue on, but to thrive even better.

Lately I've been feeling a little low, but I'm bound and determined to get
out of the rut and get things back on course.
Quadius
PS we just finished celebrating, even though it was a really key day. I did
get to watch the US women's national team beat Canada in the last few
seconds to advance on to the gold-medal game. That was a joy.