On 2020-01-26 12:37, Claudio Chinicz wrote:
> ׁHi Elliot,
>
> I've downloaded again and succeeded creating the HVM.
>
> I had a Windows 10 HVM I built manually just booting from the ISO and where
> I did not succeed installing the QWT (boot after the QWT install would
> freeze).
>
> Would you recommend building a Template from this HVM?
>
> The big advantage I saw in this implementation was that I can confortably
> run my applications with 2GB (minimum) vs 6GB in my previous HVM. Another
> advantage of the QWT is that I can send files from Windows to any other
> PV/HPV VM using qrexec.
>
> What's intriguing me is that copy/paste between VMs is not working. When I
> ctl+shift+C on my Windows VM I see the popup saying I can ctl+shift+V on
> another VM but when I do so nothing is pasted. Any ideas?
>
> Thank you very much for this scripts/Windows VM builder.
>
> Regards

By freeze do you mean it stops on the part where QWT tries to create the
private disk? This is documented in the QWT Known Issues section of the
README. Just exit that window with the error message and the
installation will proceed as normal. Besides that for Windows 10/Windows
Server 2019, you should not have to interact with any window or part of
the installation. Sometimes, QWT may also just crash upon boot causing
Windows to crash. This doesn't happen often, however, it is also
documented in the README. This is more likely to happen if you installed
Windows manually as you said because unstable QWT features like Qubes
Memory Manager (qmemman) are enabled by default which we disable in the
qvm-create-windows-qube.sh script (Thanks to @brendanhoar for that one).

Due to that bug in making the private disk required, it's not possible
to create templates for Windows 10/Windows Server 2019 anyway.
Otherwise, I would recommend for must users to build a template with the
software they want pre-installed and make AppVMs from that.

Regarding copy/paste not working, it appears to work fine for others so
I would just suggest you restart the Windows qube or possibly make a new
one. If it's copying the data out correctly then there should be a
notification saying "Copied X bytes to the clipboard".

You're welcome, Claudio!

Regards,

Elliot