tor. 13. feb. 2020 kl. 00.24 skrev M E <anneeyr...@gmail.com>:

> søn. 26. jan. 2020 kl. 23.12 skrev 'Elliot Killick' via qubes-users <
> qubes-users@googlegroups.com>:
>

>> On 2020-01-26 12:37, Claudio Chinicz wrote:
>> > ׁHi Elliot,
>> >
>> > I've downloaded again and succeeded creating the HVM.
>> >
>> > I had a Windows 10 HVM I built manually just booting from the ISO and
>> where
>> > I did not succeed installing the QWT (boot after the QWT install would
>> > freeze).
>> >
>> > Would you recommend building a Template from this HVM?
>> >
>> > The big advantage I saw in this implementation was that I can
>> confortably
>> > run my applications with 2GB (minimum) vs 6GB in my previous HVM.
>> Another
>> > advantage of the QWT is that I can send files from Windows to any other
>> > PV/HPV VM using qrexec.
>> >
>> > What's intriguing me is that copy/paste between VMs is not working.
>> When I
>> > ctl+shift+C on my Windows VM I see the popup saying I can ctl+shift+V
>> on
>> > another VM but when I do so nothing is pasted. Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Thank you very much for this scripts/Windows VM builder.
>> >
>> > Regards
>>
>> By freeze do you mean it stops on the part where QWT tries to create the
>> private disk? This is documented in the QWT Known Issues section of the
>> README. Just exit that window with the error message and the
>> installation will proceed as normal. Besides that for Windows 10/Windows
>> Server 2019, you should not have to interact with any window or part of
>> the installation. Sometimes, QWT may also just crash upon boot causing
>> Windows to crash. This doesn't happen often, however, it is also
>> documented in the README. This is more likely to happen if you installed
>> Windows manually as you said because unstable QWT features like Qubes
>> Memory Manager (qmemman) are enabled by default which we disable in the
>> qvm-create-windows-qube.sh script (Thanks to @brendanhoar for that one).
>>
>> Due to that bug in making the private disk required, it's not possible
>> to create templates for Windows 10/Windows Server 2019 anyway.
>> Otherwise, I would recommend for must users to build a template with the
>> software they want pre-installed and make AppVMs from that.
>>
>> Regarding copy/paste not working, it appears to work fine for others so
>> I would just suggest you restart the Windows qube or possibly make a new
>> one. If it's copying the data out correctly then there should be a
>> notification saying "Copied X bytes to the clipboard".
>>
>> You're welcome, Claudio!
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Elliot
>>

>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/2de7254e-c22c-3275-cdfd-30cdacd86a67%40zohomail.eu
>> .
>

> I want to install Windows 10 from a DVD in a new HVM and have begun
> following this guide: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-vm/

> [...]

I have made a Windows domain and downloaded and installed Windows 7 and
Qubes Windows Tools by executing this script in dom0 according to this
guide (link: https://github.com/elliotkillick/qvm-create-windows-qube ):

chmod +x install.sh && ./install.sh

And now I would like to know how to get further.

I have made a thread here about making a Win10 HVM, so you are welcome to
answer there instead (I have just made this post in attempt to get a
quicker response):

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/qubes-users/78DgmWxZf80