Picking a few nits. The "dishless" thing, the importance of which is
often overstated, can be approximated with just about any MTB cassette
hub and a o/c rim. IRD freewheels are available to shops through one
bay-area distributor, and, as far as I know, nowhere else. A small
niche, non-OEM product through a single quirky distributor on the far
end of the country is not what I would call "widely available" or
something that I'd bet the farm will still be around in five years.
Most of us (shops) get Shimano freewheels, the variety of which has
shrunk in the last couple years. I assume we'll be able to get a
limited selection of freewheels _somewhere_ for years to come, but I'd
prefer to have something I can find in some variety at any bike shop.

There is no advantage to freewheels with friction shifting. The
shifter doesn't know a cassette from a freewheel.

I wouldn't recommend anybody quit using freewheels today. Just that I
wouldn't generally set up a new bike/wheel that way.