I've been using a Yepp front with my nearly 3 year old that's been great,
just ordered a Yepp Maxi "easy-fit" for the back as the regular Yepp maxi's
seat tube attachment seemed like it would get tangled with my 64's dual
tops. The rack adapter I'm fitting to my tubus cargo is going to add a lot
of wheelie power that I don't need but it's just for a couple years, then a
couple more for the 7 month old that's getting ready to take over the front
seat.
On the topic of trailers, I purchased a surly Ted trailer with the thought
that I could set it up as a mega kid carrier as well as a concrete etc.
hauler, but once my son was born I couldn't imagine putting him back there
for fear of his being smooshed while a car payed just enough attention to
me sticking out of traffic (keep in mind that we cruise NYC, any trailers
let alone kid trailers aren't something people expect when they're
feverishly cutting behind you). If I were using the country bike in the
country I would let the myriad benefits of trailering sway me (after I
rigged up some ridiculously heavy roll bars(surly trailers have massive
load ratings)). Have fun out there with them [helmeted] babies!
-Kai Vierstra
Brooklyn NY