Hi Dan, your experience sounds similar to mine.  My Xtracycle rides great,
but I find it impractical to travel with by car and, at least for my needs,
I've found I can carry most of my cargo with my other bikes.  Congrats on
grabbing Dave's Cheviot.  I hope it works out well.  And thanks for the
Ursus recommendation.  I used a Pletscher 2-legger on my Quickbeam for
years and didn't really feel it was much more stable than the single
legger.  That Ursus looks like it might be more stable.  Do you have any
plans to use a front wheel stabilizer with the 2 legged stand?